Skip to main content

Let's Talk About Child Support

Child Support has been a top subject on my social media page, as well as on black twitter. I get really upset when I see men say " show me what you spending the child support on 'cause I know it's not my baby " ... that BLOWS me!! So here I am to break it down ......



I'll be the baby mama - we will use where I live in GA as an example. I'll even know use someone I know personally child support amount at the end of the post.

So before I got pregnant I lived in a one bed room for $550. Once I got pregnant - I moved into a two bed room apartment so that our child would be able to grow in it's own space. That apartment went from $550 to $700. Now since you are the father you would split the $150 with me with is $75 a piece. My cable will be the same because the child watches channels within my network. Lights will go up as they get older - because we all know we never turned off a light in the house and now I am in a two bedroom instead of one. So my light bill went from $100, but now is $150 ( and this isn't the summer because then it's $200). That means we split the $50 which is $25 a piece. Water is not included with  my rent and I paid $50 in my one bedroom. Now I pay $75 due to extra loads being washed,baths,dishes,etc. That means we split the $25 which is $12.50. I also have gas which was $75 alone, but now is $125. We split the $50 and that's $25 a piece. Let's move on the groceries. I eat about $150 in groceries for a entire month. BUT with my little muffin it's going to be $300. Includes their school snacks, after school snacks, and general things that they eat. Plus they eat more often than us. That's $150 for us to split, which is $75. We are already at $212.50. Keep up here guys!

Let's move on to outside of the home. I'm going to give you a break and say that my love muffin in actually in school - so we only have to pay for afterschool care. Wait let's back up. I use $30 a week to drive back and forth to work. I work pretty close to my home thank goodness! But now I have to take Baby S to daycare in the morning and pick him up at night. So now I use $50 a week. So that's an extra $20 a week = $80 a month, after we split that it's $40 a piece. Now back to childcare - because I work from 8-5. I found a place for $100 a week, so that's $400 a month .. You guessed it $200 a piece. Plus due to my job we have to pay for lunch. You don't want to give me extra to make lunches at home for Baby S so we pay the $1.75 a day for it. At $35 a month - you owe me $17.50.

We are now at $470 ... but I'm not done for the month yet! 
Now would you like to seasonal shop or once a month? Because I have to once a month for this growing child and if you only seasonal shop then we are in big trouble! I'll go out on a whim now and say I spend about $100 a month. I actually asked fathers and mothers that do this. So that's $1200 a year, so you owe me $50 a month on this. Now let's just talk about taking Baby S out and about to see the world. We go out to eat, movies, parks, and so forth. I'll just say I spend roughly $100 on just Baby S on monthly things to do. Thankfully Atlanta has lots of free events. That's $50 from you sir. Is Baby S on your insurance or mine? Or Peachcare? I'll just say Peachcare so that saves us both money. Hopefully neither one of us makes "enough" because then we would have to pay for Baby S insurance.

Now let's take about things I can't bill you for. I mean you guys want a list so bad. I can't bill you for sleepless nights due to sickness, that days I had to take off to go to dr appointments, field trips, field days. I can't bill you for school projects I stayed up to finish, school homework that Baby S didn't write down correct so we struggled just to finish, I can't bill you for my phone Baby S broke having a fit because it froze up ... these are just the simple things that they cherish as parents that cannot be billed. My time, my energy, the waking up early to just get a breath before I wake Baby S up to start are daily routine. But I wouldn't want to bill you for that. So in total a very VAGUE total that is . you owe me an estimate - $570.

So excuse me if I paid for Daycare by my self this month and decided to take your $200 A MONTH and got my nails and hair done. Or if you are a man decided to get a nice haircut and go have a drink with my boys. Excuse me if I take your check and buy myself a nice outfit because I was broke as hell after paying all the bills this month plus making sure Baby S had everything it needed, plus paying the damn field trip Baby S forgot to tell me about until last minute and needed a little pick me up. Lay OFF! Yes I know it's some triflin mother and fathers out there. Do what is right and you wouldn't be on child support. Better yet, if you know you had a baby by banana cream pie- go put yourself on child support. That way the ball is in your court. Either way shut up and leave it off my timeline because your reason are not valid.

xoxoxo
Product of a $75 every two weeks child support check

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check On Your Friends

So I had this whole blog written out in the shower about 30 minutes ago. For some strange reason I have been staring at this screen for 10 minutes with nothing to type. First let's talk about me, then we'll talk about you. Many of you do not follow me on social media but I am currently 37 weeks pregnant, still married, with a 20 month old. This second baby was NOT planned and honestly threw me into a world wind of emotions from day one when I found out. You can really prepare everything you need/want for your baby but still not be mentally ready. I, for one, am just now starting to get there. For the past few months I have been struggling with depression. I mean it was really bad. I didn't talk about it with anyone because honestly I did not want to hear any of the following : 1. You need to just go to church and pray about it. - FYI mental health is not something your pastor can scripture away. 2. You aren't the first person to have two babies back to back. - I

If It Were You, Would You Be Proud

I don't really know how to start this post, but ya'll rock with me so just let me have a moment. I love to blog but I am having time management issues with everything going on in my life. It doesn't make me money so it kind of goes on the back burner even though I love to do it. My small home town had a double homicide yesterday. I'm not listing names or locations because I respect the privacy of everyone in that situation. With a sad heart, my mind began to race with thoughts of "if this happened to me, have I lived the life I wanted?" Because it can happened to any of us. I live in Stone Mountain, GA and although my block is very quiet, little to no children on the block, just a few weeks ago my husband and I came home to a road full with police, fire department trucks, ambulance vans and cars everywhere. We still don't know what happened down there. I work for myself. My husband and I started a few businesses together and each of them has there se

Who's Cooking Nah?

Who started this cooking for your man is something that only wives do and not girlfriends? Do ya'll smoke crack? I'm convenience you early-mid 20 somethings smoke crack. I've seen a meme rolling around social media where the man says he wants to see his girl like this (she's cooking in underwear ... which leads to a whole 'notha story. Like I hope she not frying NATHAN!! Because baby bout to get burnt up trying to be cute.) and the girl replies "this is wife level package, you can upgrade your girlfriend package by buying a ring. He couldn't be me. STARVE THEN BIH! Listen .... follow me umkay? 1. NONE OF YA'LL (me included) makes enough money to eat at a restaurant everyday where the food is that damn bomb! Like you gone be eating Applebee's happy hour on the 4th day! AAANNDDDD ain't NOBODY trying to take yo bap ass out to eat EVERYDAY. Hoe I got bills to pay! Say it with me now ... I'mmmm oooonnnn aaaaaaa bbbuuuddddggggeeettt!!!