Skip to main content

If It Were You, Would You Be Proud

I don't really know how to start this post, but ya'll rock with me so just let me have a moment.

I love to blog but I am having time management issues with everything going on in my life. It doesn't make me money so it kind of goes on the back burner even though I love to do it.

My small home town had a double homicide yesterday. I'm not listing names or locations because I respect the privacy of everyone in that situation. With a sad heart, my mind began to race with thoughts of "if this happened to me, have I lived the life I wanted?" Because it can happened to any of us. I live in Stone Mountain, GA and although my block is very quiet, little to no children on the block, just a few weeks ago my husband and I came home to a road full with police, fire department trucks, ambulance vans and cars everywhere. We still don't know what happened down there.

I work for myself. My husband and I started a few businesses together and each of them has there season of bringing in tons of money and not bringing in anything. Currently I have been thinking about going BACK into the work field because it's a real struggle to work for yourself. It's hard to find people to support you, it's hard to find people that will help you during downtime, it's hard to get people to understand that working for yourself doesn't mean you have money all the time. I'm not on a one to two week pay routine. Sometimes the check comes before 5pm, and sometimes the check comes after a 1am drop off.

But am I living the life I would be proud of, that I really wanted? No. Well not fully yet. I am striving though. I want to be fully operating in an entrepreneur space where I can employee and help others. I don't want to keep all the money I make to myself. I want to go out and help my people better themselves. I want to leave something for my kids so that they never have to work for anyone else. If someone was to take my life today, I would be pissed because I know I didn't work as hard as I should've previously to get to where I already could've been without fear.

What about you? Are you living a life you would be proud of(wanted) if you were to die today? Is there more you could be doing RIGHT NOW to put you in a better situation than you are in? Do you see your family enough? Grandparents? Actual parents? Siblings? Are you making an impact on others, as well as yourself, to be better people? Or are you still sharing fight videos on social media? Are you doing a self check (or friend check) of your mental heath and those around you? Are you making an effort to come home, NOT sit on the couch all day/night and doing something productive?

I can't answer yes to all these questions. Hell I run after a 10 month old a good part of my day. And he's really fast and smaller than me so he gets into everything! But I'm going to start. You may not see me as much around this year, I plan to put myself 100000% into my business and help my community. We have started a new month and have 9 more months left in this year, what will you do differently? If someone were to take you from your loved ones today, would you be proud of how you lived you life? Could you think back and say hmmm that life I lived was how I wanted it to be?  While asking yourself that, remove religion, remove money value,remove material things. I am talking about pure human nature, not the oh if I had this much money my life would be better, not this is how my religion said I should live but PURE HUMAN NATURE. Would you?

I hope this all made sense ... I haven't hard coffee yet .... SSSTTTRRRAAAIIIIITTTT!!!

xoxox
Shanice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check On Your Friends

So I had this whole blog written out in the shower about 30 minutes ago. For some strange reason I have been staring at this screen for 10 minutes with nothing to type. First let's talk about me, then we'll talk about you. Many of you do not follow me on social media but I am currently 37 weeks pregnant, still married, with a 20 month old. This second baby was NOT planned and honestly threw me into a world wind of emotions from day one when I found out. You can really prepare everything you need/want for your baby but still not be mentally ready. I, for one, am just now starting to get there. For the past few months I have been struggling with depression. I mean it was really bad. I didn't talk about it with anyone because honestly I did not want to hear any of the following : 1. You need to just go to church and pray about it. - FYI mental health is not something your pastor can scripture away. 2. You aren't the first person to have two babies back to back. - I

Who's Cooking Nah?

Who started this cooking for your man is something that only wives do and not girlfriends? Do ya'll smoke crack? I'm convenience you early-mid 20 somethings smoke crack. I've seen a meme rolling around social media where the man says he wants to see his girl like this (she's cooking in underwear ... which leads to a whole 'notha story. Like I hope she not frying NATHAN!! Because baby bout to get burnt up trying to be cute.) and the girl replies "this is wife level package, you can upgrade your girlfriend package by buying a ring. He couldn't be me. STARVE THEN BIH! Listen .... follow me umkay? 1. NONE OF YA'LL (me included) makes enough money to eat at a restaurant everyday where the food is that damn bomb! Like you gone be eating Applebee's happy hour on the 4th day! AAANNDDDD ain't NOBODY trying to take yo bap ass out to eat EVERYDAY. Hoe I got bills to pay! Say it with me now ... I'mmmm oooonnnn aaaaaaa bbbuuuddddggggeeettt!!!