Skip to main content

Dear Fatherless Children


My emotions are EVERYWHERE this week. Thanks PMS.   I also had a lot on my mind last week that I was in no mood to actually blog. BBBUUUTTT I'm BACK!

While visiting home a few weeks ago, one of my aunt's asked me about how my relationship with my father is. I told her the truth. What relationship? I know he is alive, that's pretty much as far as it goes. She goes on to tell me we need to work it out, I am still clueless on what the issue is, my brother and sister are there telling me I'm stubborn. The Truth is I.AM.TIRED.



I remember seeing my niece break down crying because he father said he was coming by, and never did. I remember the look on her mom's face, the same look my mom had when I would scream bloody murder about going to my dad's house. I hated that look on both of their faces. Why can't these men just come through! She didn't call you, you called her! So again, her heart is broken because of you. I remember telling her, Hey Hey Hey! Stop all that crying. He will come in a few days probably. When he comes, you tell him how it made you feel! I would crack a joke like, you were going to be bored anyways. SMH. I shouldn't have to do that.

Now I wasn't one of those kids that father didn't have a father in his life. My father was SPOILED ROTTEN. I just don't think he was ready to be a father to the kids he had fathered. Hell to this day I believe he was only ready when my youngest sister was born. But he has only been a father to her. I don't hold this against him. It just taught me at an early age that people are liars. People will do what they want, regardless if they are half of your DNA. It taught me to have a tough shell. It encouraged me to do well, so that maybe one day at least he could say; well she did well for herself.

So Dear Fatherless Children,
There are many of us out here living and striving. As a female, I do not have issues with men. I don't trust easy but hey, in this world who would. I am NOT in jail. I have never BEEN to jail. I do NOT have multiple kids by multiple men "trying to fill the void". I know who I am and I understand that my dna father will not be the father I wanted him to be. You can understand that too. There are many father figures around you and will help shape you into a great person. Get to know your family on that side. Mine are GREAT! I get to know why I do certain things, liked certain things, and sometimes those fathers will be that father you are reaching out for. Respect this person, try to get to know then as much as you can. And if they fail on their end, after you have extended yourself many of times .... know that your job is done. Cry, scream, wonder what went wrong, then go on to show them that THEY are missing out.

xoxoxo
Moving On

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check On Your Friends

So I had this whole blog written out in the shower about 30 minutes ago. For some strange reason I have been staring at this screen for 10 minutes with nothing to type. First let's talk about me, then we'll talk about you. Many of you do not follow me on social media but I am currently 37 weeks pregnant, still married, with a 20 month old. This second baby was NOT planned and honestly threw me into a world wind of emotions from day one when I found out. You can really prepare everything you need/want for your baby but still not be mentally ready. I, for one, am just now starting to get there. For the past few months I have been struggling with depression. I mean it was really bad. I didn't talk about it with anyone because honestly I did not want to hear any of the following : 1. You need to just go to church and pray about it. - FYI mental health is not something your pastor can scripture away. 2. You aren't the first person to have two babies back to back. - I

If It Were You, Would You Be Proud

I don't really know how to start this post, but ya'll rock with me so just let me have a moment. I love to blog but I am having time management issues with everything going on in my life. It doesn't make me money so it kind of goes on the back burner even though I love to do it. My small home town had a double homicide yesterday. I'm not listing names or locations because I respect the privacy of everyone in that situation. With a sad heart, my mind began to race with thoughts of "if this happened to me, have I lived the life I wanted?" Because it can happened to any of us. I live in Stone Mountain, GA and although my block is very quiet, little to no children on the block, just a few weeks ago my husband and I came home to a road full with police, fire department trucks, ambulance vans and cars everywhere. We still don't know what happened down there. I work for myself. My husband and I started a few businesses together and each of them has there se

Who's Cooking Nah?

Who started this cooking for your man is something that only wives do and not girlfriends? Do ya'll smoke crack? I'm convenience you early-mid 20 somethings smoke crack. I've seen a meme rolling around social media where the man says he wants to see his girl like this (she's cooking in underwear ... which leads to a whole 'notha story. Like I hope she not frying NATHAN!! Because baby bout to get burnt up trying to be cute.) and the girl replies "this is wife level package, you can upgrade your girlfriend package by buying a ring. He couldn't be me. STARVE THEN BIH! Listen .... follow me umkay? 1. NONE OF YA'LL (me included) makes enough money to eat at a restaurant everyday where the food is that damn bomb! Like you gone be eating Applebee's happy hour on the 4th day! AAANNDDDD ain't NOBODY trying to take yo bap ass out to eat EVERYDAY. Hoe I got bills to pay! Say it with me now ... I'mmmm oooonnnn aaaaaaa bbbuuuddddggggeeettt!!!