Skip to main content

What I'm Cookin : Balsamic Glazed Steak Rolls

Happy Monday!!

If you are a foodie like me, that is trying her damness to lose weight, you are always on the hunt for a good recipe. I was on Pinterest and ran across this recipe and I'll be a monkeys uncle is was GREAT!!

Now listen before we even get started I was only taking these pictures to post for the girls on my fitness Fb page : www.facebook.com/fitnessisstillsexy but decided to share it here!

Ok so this is what you need to get started on this : Why yes that's 1800 Coconut, and no you don't need that for this meal. LOL.
For the filling : 
Carrots
Different Peppers ( I got the yellow, green, red and orange pack at Wal-Mart)\
Garlic 

Sauce : 
Balsamic Vinegar
Brown Sugar
Beef Broth

Now we got thin steak from out meat market and I cut it into thin strip and seasoned them. Use whatever type of seasoning you like. Once I seasoned them I let them sit in Worcestershire sauce for about 30 minutes, as I got my veggies together!
 

Next I seasoned my veggies and fried them on my griddle in a table spoon of olive oil and garlic. I added a few other seasonings but hey do what you like. :)  Yeah I didn't take a photo of that. Sorry!! It's really hard cooking and snapping. GEESH! Now once this is done. I turned the griddle off and took the garlic out.

Up next is the sause. UM UM GOOD!! Now some people but Shattots in theirs but we couldn't find it and honestly I loved this so much I won't use it the next time.

I melted 2 tablespoons of butter in a small pan. After it melted completely I added 1/4  of Balsamic Vinegar, 2 table spoons of brown sugar ( next time I'll add three) and 1/4 beef broth. I let it cook until it started getting thick and I saw the butter separate from the sauce.

Next I took the veggies and rolled it in the steak strips. I used toothpicks to keep them together while I fried them on the griddle. Thank Sweet Jesus for that griddle. 



So all that yellow you see is the lovely juices from the veggies. I let them cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side and WAH-LA!
I poured the sauce over them when I took them out and they were AH-MAZ-BALLS!!! Yeah my photos suck but my cooking doesn't!!!! Try it out! 

To see very pretty pictures of this recipe and where I got it from check out this website : 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check On Your Friends

So I had this whole blog written out in the shower about 30 minutes ago. For some strange reason I have been staring at this screen for 10 minutes with nothing to type. First let's talk about me, then we'll talk about you. Many of you do not follow me on social media but I am currently 37 weeks pregnant, still married, with a 20 month old. This second baby was NOT planned and honestly threw me into a world wind of emotions from day one when I found out. You can really prepare everything you need/want for your baby but still not be mentally ready. I, for one, am just now starting to get there. For the past few months I have been struggling with depression. I mean it was really bad. I didn't talk about it with anyone because honestly I did not want to hear any of the following : 1. You need to just go to church and pray about it. - FYI mental health is not something your pastor can scripture away. 2. You aren't the first person to have two babies back to back. - I

If It Were You, Would You Be Proud

I don't really know how to start this post, but ya'll rock with me so just let me have a moment. I love to blog but I am having time management issues with everything going on in my life. It doesn't make me money so it kind of goes on the back burner even though I love to do it. My small home town had a double homicide yesterday. I'm not listing names or locations because I respect the privacy of everyone in that situation. With a sad heart, my mind began to race with thoughts of "if this happened to me, have I lived the life I wanted?" Because it can happened to any of us. I live in Stone Mountain, GA and although my block is very quiet, little to no children on the block, just a few weeks ago my husband and I came home to a road full with police, fire department trucks, ambulance vans and cars everywhere. We still don't know what happened down there. I work for myself. My husband and I started a few businesses together and each of them has there se

Who's Cooking Nah?

Who started this cooking for your man is something that only wives do and not girlfriends? Do ya'll smoke crack? I'm convenience you early-mid 20 somethings smoke crack. I've seen a meme rolling around social media where the man says he wants to see his girl like this (she's cooking in underwear ... which leads to a whole 'notha story. Like I hope she not frying NATHAN!! Because baby bout to get burnt up trying to be cute.) and the girl replies "this is wife level package, you can upgrade your girlfriend package by buying a ring. He couldn't be me. STARVE THEN BIH! Listen .... follow me umkay? 1. NONE OF YA'LL (me included) makes enough money to eat at a restaurant everyday where the food is that damn bomb! Like you gone be eating Applebee's happy hour on the 4th day! AAANNDDDD ain't NOBODY trying to take yo bap ass out to eat EVERYDAY. Hoe I got bills to pay! Say it with me now ... I'mmmm oooonnnn aaaaaaa bbbuuuddddggggeeettt!!!