Skip to main content

#MCM The Baby Daddy is Back and I'm Out


Good evening Shanice, 

It's great to see you back blogging. I have a quick question that I am hoping to get some advice on. I met my ex girlfriend right after she had her son, about 4 years ago. I thought she was a great strong woman and pursued her anyways. Her baby father was never around. Her son called me Pop Pop and I am he's father. His mother and I are no longer together ( 2 years now ) but we still co parent. About 2 months ago the child's father came back into the picture. This man has not done anything for this child and now she is pushing me away. I pick him up every day from school and take him to he's after school activities until she gets off work. Now she wants the father to pick him up and wants me to cut off all communication with this child. I just feel like the child's father is just doing this because he's parents don't like me taking the child around my family. Long story short, I posted a photo of all my family and him at a family reunion without her and they started asking questions. Not that they have cared any other time if he is alive or not. ) My family is all that he knows, my mother is his MeMe and he father is he's granddaddy. I do not want to walk away from him but I don't know what to do to make her see that we can all just try and co-parent. And yes I know he is not technically mine, but he is. 

Thanks 

Dear No Name Man , 

This is a pretty simple answer : you are just going to have see if you can sit down and explain your position on the matter. Tell her how you feel, how you think the child feels, and why you don't think it's right to push you away now because you are all he knows. Now as you know, he isn't really yours. so any decision she makes - you are going to have to live with. But try to explain your side. Why you feel that the real father doesn't deserve to just be able to step back in - and pushed you out - when he hasn't proved himself constantly (and please do this without ever raising your voice).  

Also, try to come in with a solution about how you feel like you all can still be involved in the childs life. Maybe a time frame, a schedule - so even if the father does stay there; the only father he has had this father doesn't lose what he has. Sorry I couldn't give you one of my more profound answers. This is pretty much cut and dry. I hope everything works out for you. Let us know how it goes. 

PS - One thing you have to understand is that she is emotional right now. She isn't thinking she is going to get a father for her child, she is thinking she is about to get her boyfriend back . So you have to realize that she is doing what she is doing because she is trying to get a relationship started. You don't want to go in loud and screaming getting her reeled up, which will make her feel like you are trying to mess up her relationship. BECAUSE that's where her head is. So be weary of that, go in with an open mind and state your case. 

- Danny

Send your questions to sbarrett3289@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check On Your Friends

So I had this whole blog written out in the shower about 30 minutes ago. For some strange reason I have been staring at this screen for 10 minutes with nothing to type. First let's talk about me, then we'll talk about you. Many of you do not follow me on social media but I am currently 37 weeks pregnant, still married, with a 20 month old. This second baby was NOT planned and honestly threw me into a world wind of emotions from day one when I found out. You can really prepare everything you need/want for your baby but still not be mentally ready. I, for one, am just now starting to get there. For the past few months I have been struggling with depression. I mean it was really bad. I didn't talk about it with anyone because honestly I did not want to hear any of the following : 1. You need to just go to church and pray about it. - FYI mental health is not something your pastor can scripture away. 2. You aren't the first person to have two babies back to back. - I

If It Were You, Would You Be Proud

I don't really know how to start this post, but ya'll rock with me so just let me have a moment. I love to blog but I am having time management issues with everything going on in my life. It doesn't make me money so it kind of goes on the back burner even though I love to do it. My small home town had a double homicide yesterday. I'm not listing names or locations because I respect the privacy of everyone in that situation. With a sad heart, my mind began to race with thoughts of "if this happened to me, have I lived the life I wanted?" Because it can happened to any of us. I live in Stone Mountain, GA and although my block is very quiet, little to no children on the block, just a few weeks ago my husband and I came home to a road full with police, fire department trucks, ambulance vans and cars everywhere. We still don't know what happened down there. I work for myself. My husband and I started a few businesses together and each of them has there se

Who's Cooking Nah?

Who started this cooking for your man is something that only wives do and not girlfriends? Do ya'll smoke crack? I'm convenience you early-mid 20 somethings smoke crack. I've seen a meme rolling around social media where the man says he wants to see his girl like this (she's cooking in underwear ... which leads to a whole 'notha story. Like I hope she not frying NATHAN!! Because baby bout to get burnt up trying to be cute.) and the girl replies "this is wife level package, you can upgrade your girlfriend package by buying a ring. He couldn't be me. STARVE THEN BIH! Listen .... follow me umkay? 1. NONE OF YA'LL (me included) makes enough money to eat at a restaurant everyday where the food is that damn bomb! Like you gone be eating Applebee's happy hour on the 4th day! AAANNDDDD ain't NOBODY trying to take yo bap ass out to eat EVERYDAY. Hoe I got bills to pay! Say it with me now ... I'mmmm oooonnnn aaaaaaa bbbuuuddddggggeeettt!!!