Skip to main content

#MCM - When To Propose

New Monday spot! I get a nice amount of emails from men asking me things that honestly, I cannot answer. So Today I want to introduce #MCM Danny's Advice. Every Monday you can catch a topic/letter from him answering. We have some catching up to do but decided to jump on in with this question since I have been asked twice already. Enjoy!





There are some options to consider :

At some point when your alone, think these things over:

Can you see yourself with this person for the rest of your life
If no... move on.
If Yes ... then we will move on to the next point after this.

If Maybe : then listen up buddy,this is for you.
Think of what you like about this person and set that aside. Now think about what you don't like about this person, the little things they do around the house, when your out, etc. Now if these things bother you to the point where you are over it and want them to get the fuck away from you then,  you are leaning towards a soft No. Because in 5 years when your married, these things will bug you so much and make you so mad the simple things that don't  bother you will multiple. Then your on Fuck Ave, looking for Divorce Street.

Now back to the positives! Now if the these things you like make you smile regardless of how long you've been together or certain things make you nervous ( butterfly nervous ) then you have a winner. BING BING BING .. you have been selected to move on to the next section .....

Now, the next thing that you should be wondering if you're past these to steps is how does my partner feel about marriage? Have you guys had this discussion? If not, then this is a conversation that you need to casually bring up at some point,here and there, to gauge if they want to be married. Because nobody wants one of those John Cena mutha fucka, I love you to death but I never want to get married and never want to have kids .. when you want those things.

Ok then, now you need to think about : WHAT ARE MY FINANCIAL CAPABILITIES?
Because no one want to receive a bubble gum ring. ( Shanice here : you gah damn right!! ) You want to make sure you have a plan for the future, and when I say future I mean, how do you plan on making money with this person in the future. The number one reason people divorced is because of finances. You don't necessarily need to have the money now, BUT you need to be making a plan on what you're going to be doing 2-5-10 years from now. Financial stability is a must. So when the water bill comes,and you tell each other what it is .. no one is upset ... and no one is debating over whether to pay the water bill or buy milk and bread. Ain't nobody trying to debate on who took the longest bath, why you can't wash all your clothes together, taking conjoined showers ( with no sex involved ), making wish sandwiches, while drinking rain water you put pots out for at dinner. IF YOU DONT GET!  If you are at this point, then both of you need to be having a conversation about your fiances. Get it together, make it work (willow smith voice ).  Oh yeah .. that mutha fuckin wedding ain't gone be cheap neither. So decide if she wants a wedding or cool with going to the COIT HAWSE ..lmao!!!

Once you are past all this ... time for titter-totter shit ... do each of your sets of friends/family like each other? If not, you guys need to try to make amends with those people. Nobody wants that " I never liked that mutha fucka anyways " " I don't know why you are with him/her " " I saw him/her at the club with somebody else " " Momma/cousin/friend always talking shit in your significant others ear "  ... don't nobody got time for that. And if you can't see yourself getting along with them .. you might not be able to stay in a marriage  of longevity with this person.

This is the last thing ... when you think you are ready to propose  .. unless you two have agreed to have an open relationship .... THEN YOU NEED TO LET DESE BITCHES GO AND SHE NEED TO LET DESE BITCHES GO .... because it's only one bitch nah .. and you too are the bitch. Because if you are not ready to let them go.. then it's gone be ttrrruuubbblllleeee tttrrruuuubbbllleeeee * bernie mac voice *

If you got through all this .. looks like you are ready to propose!

- Dany

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check On Your Friends

So I had this whole blog written out in the shower about 30 minutes ago. For some strange reason I have been staring at this screen for 10 minutes with nothing to type. First let's talk about me, then we'll talk about you. Many of you do not follow me on social media but I am currently 37 weeks pregnant, still married, with a 20 month old. This second baby was NOT planned and honestly threw me into a world wind of emotions from day one when I found out. You can really prepare everything you need/want for your baby but still not be mentally ready. I, for one, am just now starting to get there. For the past few months I have been struggling with depression. I mean it was really bad. I didn't talk about it with anyone because honestly I did not want to hear any of the following : 1. You need to just go to church and pray about it. - FYI mental health is not something your pastor can scripture away. 2. You aren't the first person to have two babies back to back. - I

If It Were You, Would You Be Proud

I don't really know how to start this post, but ya'll rock with me so just let me have a moment. I love to blog but I am having time management issues with everything going on in my life. It doesn't make me money so it kind of goes on the back burner even though I love to do it. My small home town had a double homicide yesterday. I'm not listing names or locations because I respect the privacy of everyone in that situation. With a sad heart, my mind began to race with thoughts of "if this happened to me, have I lived the life I wanted?" Because it can happened to any of us. I live in Stone Mountain, GA and although my block is very quiet, little to no children on the block, just a few weeks ago my husband and I came home to a road full with police, fire department trucks, ambulance vans and cars everywhere. We still don't know what happened down there. I work for myself. My husband and I started a few businesses together and each of them has there se

Who's Cooking Nah?

Who started this cooking for your man is something that only wives do and not girlfriends? Do ya'll smoke crack? I'm convenience you early-mid 20 somethings smoke crack. I've seen a meme rolling around social media where the man says he wants to see his girl like this (she's cooking in underwear ... which leads to a whole 'notha story. Like I hope she not frying NATHAN!! Because baby bout to get burnt up trying to be cute.) and the girl replies "this is wife level package, you can upgrade your girlfriend package by buying a ring. He couldn't be me. STARVE THEN BIH! Listen .... follow me umkay? 1. NONE OF YA'LL (me included) makes enough money to eat at a restaurant everyday where the food is that damn bomb! Like you gone be eating Applebee's happy hour on the 4th day! AAANNDDDD ain't NOBODY trying to take yo bap ass out to eat EVERYDAY. Hoe I got bills to pay! Say it with me now ... I'mmmm oooonnnn aaaaaaa bbbuuuddddggggeeettt!!!