Skip to main content

I am a Plate Fixer

I have seen the above question quite a few times over the last week so I thought, hey why not speak on it! Hello, my name is Shanice and I am a plate fixer.

I may be very old school but I don't get why (some) women are feeling a way about fixing a plate for your man. I have seen : he has his own two feet, I'm not he's slave, if he was that hungry he would make it himself and not me, etc. Here is my thing ....... I love my fiance. I try my best to cater to him, as he does me, as much as I can. Now sometimes, yes, I just don't feel like fixing it BBBBUUUTTT trust and believe it's only when we are around close family. Even at my house, after I finish cooking .... I fix his plate and even take it to the table. Yes he's feet work, no I'm not his slave and I know he is "THAT" hungry because he came in taking about " lllaawwddd when it the food gone be done I'm so hungry".

This new era of womanhood/independence is moving a little to far left for ya girl. My question is WHY CAN'T YOU FIX HIS PLATE? If you straight up don't want to, that's cool .. but what is with this I'M NOT HIS SLAVE FUCK DAT SHIT IF DAT MUTHA FUCKA DAT HUNGRY HE WILL GO UP AND GO GET IT HIMSELF BECAUSE DON'T NO MAN OWN ME I AM MY OWN PERSON .. like whoa whoa whoa ... the hell is all that coming from? I take pride in fixing his plate because guess what ... don't no ( yes double negative) other woman know what he like to eat, how much of this he likes on his plate, what he likes to touch and not touch on his plate, if he eats his beans in a bowl, what sauce to bring to the table, how he likes the cheese on this side of the burger with the mustard .. No, I am the only woman that knows that. And vice versa, my fiance has fixed my plate before and it's just like I like it. Hell my mama has recently fixed me and plate and had me like 0_0 "ma, what is that? I don't like that no mo."

I said all that to say this, IF your man ask you to fix he's plate hunny just do it. As I hope you are dating a king, as I am, and it wouldn't seem like a degrading chore. Of course he can fix he's own plate but just like if you asked him to do it for you, do it. Because just like the photo in this post states ... another lady will come along and maybe she won't fix it correct the first but trust me ... she'll get it right and your man. Stop putting restrictions on what you do for the man you love. If putting 2 hot dogs, baked beans and a ear of corn on a plate while he chops it up with his homeboys makes him feel good, then that's what you do. It's a small gesture ladies, it's not like he got you out here picking he's share of the cotton.

Oh and PS. this would never happen to me because 1. I would fix his plate no problem. 2. I would've knocked that plate out her hand and her front teeth out. You are not he's sister, who would tell him to fix it or tell me to fix it, he's mama .. then you don't need to be fixing him anything .... but thanks boo!

xoxoxo
I ain't with that sharing shhh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check On Your Friends

So I had this whole blog written out in the shower about 30 minutes ago. For some strange reason I have been staring at this screen for 10 minutes with nothing to type. First let's talk about me, then we'll talk about you. Many of you do not follow me on social media but I am currently 37 weeks pregnant, still married, with a 20 month old. This second baby was NOT planned and honestly threw me into a world wind of emotions from day one when I found out. You can really prepare everything you need/want for your baby but still not be mentally ready. I, for one, am just now starting to get there. For the past few months I have been struggling with depression. I mean it was really bad. I didn't talk about it with anyone because honestly I did not want to hear any of the following : 1. You need to just go to church and pray about it. - FYI mental health is not something your pastor can scripture away. 2. You aren't the first person to have two babies back to back. - I

If It Were You, Would You Be Proud

I don't really know how to start this post, but ya'll rock with me so just let me have a moment. I love to blog but I am having time management issues with everything going on in my life. It doesn't make me money so it kind of goes on the back burner even though I love to do it. My small home town had a double homicide yesterday. I'm not listing names or locations because I respect the privacy of everyone in that situation. With a sad heart, my mind began to race with thoughts of "if this happened to me, have I lived the life I wanted?" Because it can happened to any of us. I live in Stone Mountain, GA and although my block is very quiet, little to no children on the block, just a few weeks ago my husband and I came home to a road full with police, fire department trucks, ambulance vans and cars everywhere. We still don't know what happened down there. I work for myself. My husband and I started a few businesses together and each of them has there se

Who's Cooking Nah?

Who started this cooking for your man is something that only wives do and not girlfriends? Do ya'll smoke crack? I'm convenience you early-mid 20 somethings smoke crack. I've seen a meme rolling around social media where the man says he wants to see his girl like this (she's cooking in underwear ... which leads to a whole 'notha story. Like I hope she not frying NATHAN!! Because baby bout to get burnt up trying to be cute.) and the girl replies "this is wife level package, you can upgrade your girlfriend package by buying a ring. He couldn't be me. STARVE THEN BIH! Listen .... follow me umkay? 1. NONE OF YA'LL (me included) makes enough money to eat at a restaurant everyday where the food is that damn bomb! Like you gone be eating Applebee's happy hour on the 4th day! AAANNDDDD ain't NOBODY trying to take yo bap ass out to eat EVERYDAY. Hoe I got bills to pay! Say it with me now ... I'mmmm oooonnnn aaaaaaa bbbuuuddddggggeeettt!!!