Skip to main content

That One Time I Got Married

This post is long over due but dah welp! My life has been a ROLLER-COASTER to say the least since 2016 began. But in May of 2016 , this ma'am got MERRIED!!! Yes MERRIED!


Quick Breakdown :
My Dress : ordered offline
Our Hair : Annoited Hands, Amber Davis
Bridesmaids :Designed and made by Bianca Loren
Make Up : Brianna( myself and a few bridesmaids ), Some Mac Workers, Some bridesmaids
Groom & Groomsmen : Savvy
Flower Girl : Etsy
Flappers : Halloween Customs Online
Little Men : Belk & their closets (lol)
Brides Mother : David's Bridal
Grooms Mother : Dillards
All Decoration & Floral arrangements : I Do ... Creations with a little help from my husband
Wedding Director : Mrs. Milicent
Wedding Coordinator : MIL
Cocktail Hour Set : Tina

Ok so my wedding was a big one. We had about 440 people there. Planned for 500, so we were in the clear on setting! The great thing is a lot of people who RSVP'd didn't show and A LOT of people that didn't RSVP came in folds hunny. LOL. We would've been assed OUT if everyone showed up. Our theme was Old Hollywood and I think we achieve it very well. This was a collective family creation but all hats go off to my sister in Law with I Do ... Creations and my husband. I wasn't stressed out until the month of the wedding and I didn't actually cry until the day before the wedding at the reception hall. The only time I cried on my wedding day is when my sister in law - who created my bouquet - brought it to me in the room. Yup - I broke right on down and my bridesmaids did too. LOL. My wedding was everything, from the wedding party being filled with friends - turned family - to my wedding reception turning into an old high school All Occasions ( a place we used to have parties back in the day ) party.  I twerked my life away! So that's about all I have to say about the wedding. Oh wait - a few tips to help upcoming brides - other than know your budget up front

1. Get a wedding planner ( like an actual book lol) ,wedding coordinator, wedding director, and a decorator. All these need to be separate unless you have a wedding coordinator that has a team of people. This saved my life. I didn't have to worry about my decorator telling us how to line up, or my wedding director steaming dresses. NO NO NO! Everyone has a role and let them play just that role.

2. DIY ... DON'T. Now my husband created some pieces for our wedding BUT he builds things for
our home all the time. If you have never created this masterpiece you are trying to create for your wedding, oooorrrrrrr your wedding decorator is super new to the game ..... DON'T. I have yet to see a great DIY wedding from super new people. This isn't any shade to anyone but just because we watch HGTV all the time don't mean we can build a house hunny. I stood by this rule and I didn't DIY anything, hell my hand writing is horrible. LMAO!!

3. GREAT A REAL FLORIST! I don't think you guys hear me well ..... I SAID GET A REAL DAMN FLORIST!!!! Stop with the hobby lobby bundles. I CAN'T!!!!! It's actually not that expensive to have a REAL FLORIST create a few center pieces and your bridal parties flowers. My flowers were all hand created. Nah - I didn't say they were all real .. lol .. what I did say was they were all hand created. Our flower arrangements for the wedding party were all hand created - my mother even had hers made onto her bracelet. Just .... ya'll I'm tired of seeing the little candle floating in the water, then the vast with the weird one plastic flower or a bundle of hobby lobby flowers in a vase. You deserve better. You really do.

There is a lot more things I could go on and on about but you can email me about it. Enjoy some photos of the wedding below and everyone I listed above are real deal traveling businesses, some have been in the game for over 15 years.


















































out of 1200 photos .... aint nobody got time for that lol ...


wait wait wait ,.. my reception dress :

xoxox
Saafiyah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check On Your Friends

So I had this whole blog written out in the shower about 30 minutes ago. For some strange reason I have been staring at this screen for 10 minutes with nothing to type. First let's talk about me, then we'll talk about you. Many of you do not follow me on social media but I am currently 37 weeks pregnant, still married, with a 20 month old. This second baby was NOT planned and honestly threw me into a world wind of emotions from day one when I found out. You can really prepare everything you need/want for your baby but still not be mentally ready. I, for one, am just now starting to get there. For the past few months I have been struggling with depression. I mean it was really bad. I didn't talk about it with anyone because honestly I did not want to hear any of the following : 1. You need to just go to church and pray about it. - FYI mental health is not something your pastor can scripture away. 2. You aren't the first person to have two babies back to back. - I

If It Were You, Would You Be Proud

I don't really know how to start this post, but ya'll rock with me so just let me have a moment. I love to blog but I am having time management issues with everything going on in my life. It doesn't make me money so it kind of goes on the back burner even though I love to do it. My small home town had a double homicide yesterday. I'm not listing names or locations because I respect the privacy of everyone in that situation. With a sad heart, my mind began to race with thoughts of "if this happened to me, have I lived the life I wanted?" Because it can happened to any of us. I live in Stone Mountain, GA and although my block is very quiet, little to no children on the block, just a few weeks ago my husband and I came home to a road full with police, fire department trucks, ambulance vans and cars everywhere. We still don't know what happened down there. I work for myself. My husband and I started a few businesses together and each of them has there se

Who's Cooking Nah?

Who started this cooking for your man is something that only wives do and not girlfriends? Do ya'll smoke crack? I'm convenience you early-mid 20 somethings smoke crack. I've seen a meme rolling around social media where the man says he wants to see his girl like this (she's cooking in underwear ... which leads to a whole 'notha story. Like I hope she not frying NATHAN!! Because baby bout to get burnt up trying to be cute.) and the girl replies "this is wife level package, you can upgrade your girlfriend package by buying a ring. He couldn't be me. STARVE THEN BIH! Listen .... follow me umkay? 1. NONE OF YA'LL (me included) makes enough money to eat at a restaurant everyday where the food is that damn bomb! Like you gone be eating Applebee's happy hour on the 4th day! AAANNDDDD ain't NOBODY trying to take yo bap ass out to eat EVERYDAY. Hoe I got bills to pay! Say it with me now ... I'mmmm oooonnnn aaaaaaa bbbuuuddddggggeeettt!!!