Skip to main content

Ex Wife is in, I am Out - Reader Letter

Dear Shanice,


My name is Rose. Currently I was dating an older male and he was recently divorced. He told me that him and his ex wife grew apart. That he stopped finding  her attractive and soon the love went left. He said he hated her style of fashion, and so forth. Because I thought this was going to be my husband, I found his wife's social media accounts and made sure I was to complete opposite of what she was. I'm not going to lie, she was a very attractive older lady and her style was not bad at all. So I kicked my fashion up a few notches, started wearing more heels, more make up, switching up my hair styles and he loved it. After a few months of dating, he told me he loved me and once my lease was up on my apartment we should move in together. The thing is I had just signed a new lease so that was gonna be at least a year. I told him I could just buy out of it but he said no, a year would give us more time to get closer and you never know what would happen. He said and I quote " You may even be my wife by then." I was in love like never before. I had never been treated like he treated me. Fast forward a few months and he started becoming distance. He stopped coming over so much and changed the locks at his house. He claimed someone broke in, but he never gave me a replacement key that worked. I just thought maybe we were spending to much time together. Well one day I decided to check out his ex-wife's social media page and low and behold there he was all hugged up. I was crushed. All of their friends were so happy they were back together and saying he was going through a mid life crisis (he is 37 and I am 28 ) which I felt was a slap in the face to me because I had met these friends! She commented it was a one step at a time process with them and right now they were just friends, but him kissing her neck from the back is NOT what I consider friends. That happened last week and I haven't talk to him yet. He called me twice in SEVEN DAYS and I told him I had a large workload and didn't feel like talking right then. He hasn't called me back. Should I confront him about this? Why would he go back to her after I gave him exactly what he wanted? I was nothing like her.

Thanks.

Dear Rose .. girl if you don't let that man go. First off you should never change yourself for anybody but yourself. Now yo feet hurting cause you trying to be cute for Craig ass, and Craig gone go get with flip flop wearing Nia Long. Always continue to be yourself. Now I think you crazy ass hell for stalking his ex's social media pages.

LOL. Like girl, you wanted that man BAD! I don't mean to laugh at your pain, but bih you a little crazy. I would say he went back to his ex because you showed him exactly what he really wanted.That could've been what he wanted then, but it doesn't mean that's what he is always going to want. I'm not sure of how long they had been married but I've heard all marriages go through a rough patch at some point. Maybe instead of working it out, he just ran. ALSO are you sure they are divorced and not just legally separated? Let's go through the signs of "this relationship is over" shall we ...
1. Time spent is lessened. Now at times in relationships people get busy with work,school. so forth and can't spend as much time with each other. BBBUUTTTT the other person usually knows why.
2. Keys don't work. If you have a key, and new locks are place ...and you don't get a new key .... something is up Shaggy.
3. Photos with the ex on social media with no children around in the picture, no RIP in the caption or TBT. Self explanatory.

If you think you deserve answers, be a grown up, call him and tell him you guys need to talk. Or you can let it fade off into nothing ness. I feel like you should reach out and let him know how you feel. This relationship seems like it is over, and I am sorry I am the one to have to tell you rather than him. I also don't believe he was divorced but again that's more on him than you as well. You will get through this Sis! Chin up!

xoxoxo
Shanice
PS- Don't tell the wife in an act of trying to get back at him. There is no point because they aren't back in a committed relationship and he can swing this story all types of ways to make you look crazy. Because if they weren't together when you guys were dating, it doesn't matter anyways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check On Your Friends

So I had this whole blog written out in the shower about 30 minutes ago. For some strange reason I have been staring at this screen for 10 minutes with nothing to type. First let's talk about me, then we'll talk about you. Many of you do not follow me on social media but I am currently 37 weeks pregnant, still married, with a 20 month old. This second baby was NOT planned and honestly threw me into a world wind of emotions from day one when I found out. You can really prepare everything you need/want for your baby but still not be mentally ready. I, for one, am just now starting to get there. For the past few months I have been struggling with depression. I mean it was really bad. I didn't talk about it with anyone because honestly I did not want to hear any of the following : 1. You need to just go to church and pray about it. - FYI mental health is not something your pastor can scripture away. 2. You aren't the first person to have two babies back to back. - I

If It Were You, Would You Be Proud

I don't really know how to start this post, but ya'll rock with me so just let me have a moment. I love to blog but I am having time management issues with everything going on in my life. It doesn't make me money so it kind of goes on the back burner even though I love to do it. My small home town had a double homicide yesterday. I'm not listing names or locations because I respect the privacy of everyone in that situation. With a sad heart, my mind began to race with thoughts of "if this happened to me, have I lived the life I wanted?" Because it can happened to any of us. I live in Stone Mountain, GA and although my block is very quiet, little to no children on the block, just a few weeks ago my husband and I came home to a road full with police, fire department trucks, ambulance vans and cars everywhere. We still don't know what happened down there. I work for myself. My husband and I started a few businesses together and each of them has there se

Who's Cooking Nah?

Who started this cooking for your man is something that only wives do and not girlfriends? Do ya'll smoke crack? I'm convenience you early-mid 20 somethings smoke crack. I've seen a meme rolling around social media where the man says he wants to see his girl like this (she's cooking in underwear ... which leads to a whole 'notha story. Like I hope she not frying NATHAN!! Because baby bout to get burnt up trying to be cute.) and the girl replies "this is wife level package, you can upgrade your girlfriend package by buying a ring. He couldn't be me. STARVE THEN BIH! Listen .... follow me umkay? 1. NONE OF YA'LL (me included) makes enough money to eat at a restaurant everyday where the food is that damn bomb! Like you gone be eating Applebee's happy hour on the 4th day! AAANNDDDD ain't NOBODY trying to take yo bap ass out to eat EVERYDAY. Hoe I got bills to pay! Say it with me now ... I'mmmm oooonnnn aaaaaaa bbbuuuddddggggeeettt!!!