Skip to main content

Dear MEM - I Never Wanted To Be A Single Mom

Dear Shanice,


First congratulation on your marriage and baby. My name is Breneesha and I am currently pregnant. My baby daddy and I did not plan on getting pregnant and it seems like as soon as I took the test our relationship went to shit. We were living together but he has basically moved out. We have never talked about having kids but we have been together a little over a year. I might see him once a week, and when I ask him where he is going or staying he literally ignores me and leaves. Last week I packed up all of his clothes and told him that he could leave for good and not come back. He is listed on the lease and still pays half the bills. He told me he wasn't going anywhere and once the baby was born he would be back staying full time. Full time? What does that mean? I told him I have basically went through this pregnancy alone and I am fine being a single mom. I have made my mind up that I am going to move into a one bedroom and live alone. I don't know what he is doing, where he is going, and who he is with but I feel like if you aren't staying the nights here then you are cheating. I know he doesn't have another job because I check his bank statements. My baby is due in March and I plan on moving out soon.I'm just confused on what is going on because we never actually had a fight, just one day he stopped coming home. I thought we would get over this little hump if I just gave him space but it's not what I want anymore. I want a partner that isn't going to run away from things just because it didn't happen the way they wanted. We were not using protection and he knew I wasn't on birth control so this isn't 100% my fault. I know you are married but if you were in my shoes what would you do. Thanks,

Breneesha - 

You have brought me out of the DARKNESS and back into the light. Also so sorry for the late reply on this, but as you know with being pregnant yourself I pretty much eat,sleep, and shit all day. Now although I am married, I have thought of being a single mom. I mean we all know of people that we never thought would get a divorce, actually do it. I don't have many thoughts about being a single mom BUT I do have a plan of action if that happens. My husband and I ( before we found out we were really having a human ) joked around about how we would always live close and do 4 days with the kids. So he would have them 4 days and I would have them 4 days. Now your situation is very strange. How does one just up and leave? For me - there would be no - I don't know where you are going and who you are with. Chile either you gone tell me or I'm gone follow yo ass and find out myself! Pregnancy is no fun to go through alone. My first trimester was a shit show and if it wasn't for my husband, I honestly would've probably cried everyday. Your body is doing all types of shit and you throwing up out of all holes in your body like HELL NO WE WON'T GO! Listen if he is going to continue to pay half the bills, I say stay there. Use the space because trust me, a 2bdrm is so much better than a one. Now when he gets back "full time" he can sleep in the baby room because see what you NOT gone do is be laying up in my bed on these good Bed Bath & Beyond sheets and I don't know where your filthy body has been. Nah bruh! Unless he can be 10000000% honest with you about what has been going on the last few months, honey I would consider yourself a single mom, and co parent. Being a single mom isn't a black cloud and you be proud of the angel you bring into this world. Have a serious sit down with him and if he pushes you away .. go get your good girlfriends, dress in all black and borrow one of their boyfriends cars and follow his ass one night. Get these answers! But don't do to jail lol. Have a great pregnancy my love! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check On Your Friends

So I had this whole blog written out in the shower about 30 minutes ago. For some strange reason I have been staring at this screen for 10 minutes with nothing to type. First let's talk about me, then we'll talk about you. Many of you do not follow me on social media but I am currently 37 weeks pregnant, still married, with a 20 month old. This second baby was NOT planned and honestly threw me into a world wind of emotions from day one when I found out. You can really prepare everything you need/want for your baby but still not be mentally ready. I, for one, am just now starting to get there. For the past few months I have been struggling with depression. I mean it was really bad. I didn't talk about it with anyone because honestly I did not want to hear any of the following : 1. You need to just go to church and pray about it. - FYI mental health is not something your pastor can scripture away. 2. You aren't the first person to have two babies back to back. - I

If It Were You, Would You Be Proud

I don't really know how to start this post, but ya'll rock with me so just let me have a moment. I love to blog but I am having time management issues with everything going on in my life. It doesn't make me money so it kind of goes on the back burner even though I love to do it. My small home town had a double homicide yesterday. I'm not listing names or locations because I respect the privacy of everyone in that situation. With a sad heart, my mind began to race with thoughts of "if this happened to me, have I lived the life I wanted?" Because it can happened to any of us. I live in Stone Mountain, GA and although my block is very quiet, little to no children on the block, just a few weeks ago my husband and I came home to a road full with police, fire department trucks, ambulance vans and cars everywhere. We still don't know what happened down there. I work for myself. My husband and I started a few businesses together and each of them has there se

Who's Cooking Nah?

Who started this cooking for your man is something that only wives do and not girlfriends? Do ya'll smoke crack? I'm convenience you early-mid 20 somethings smoke crack. I've seen a meme rolling around social media where the man says he wants to see his girl like this (she's cooking in underwear ... which leads to a whole 'notha story. Like I hope she not frying NATHAN!! Because baby bout to get burnt up trying to be cute.) and the girl replies "this is wife level package, you can upgrade your girlfriend package by buying a ring. He couldn't be me. STARVE THEN BIH! Listen .... follow me umkay? 1. NONE OF YA'LL (me included) makes enough money to eat at a restaurant everyday where the food is that damn bomb! Like you gone be eating Applebee's happy hour on the 4th day! AAANNDDDD ain't NOBODY trying to take yo bap ass out to eat EVERYDAY. Hoe I got bills to pay! Say it with me now ... I'mmmm oooonnnn aaaaaaa bbbuuuddddggggeeettt!!!